Pages

Thursday 10 November 2011

Paisley Craze

Paisley Paisley Paisley!!! The world is a better place because of the existence of paisley. It is a neutral, in any colour combination, for serious. If I could, I would like to wear paisley everyday or at least sleep in it. Of course it would come easy to me the idea of a paisley pendant when I saw this geode in a wonderful shop on Queen St. called Geologic Gifts From the Earth across the street from Steve's music store. This geode I thought was quite unusual because has a tear drop shape but it was curved at its point. Instantly, I thought of paisley and how no one can make fun of paisley-everyday-in-the-form-of-a-necklace. The natural colours of the geode was perfect for paisley, but I jazzed it up by wrapping a lilac cubic zirconia briolette (pic2). The bottom of the paisley pendant wire frame was made with coiled wire best seen in pic3, adds the scalloped edge of paisley in a more refined way. I left two bails on either end of the pendant for double stranded chains or just a cord, I have not decided yet. This is to my friend Faith who understands me when I say long live paisley!~SOLD~

No comments:

Post a Comment